VAPE HALL OF FAME
INTRODUCING OUR FIRST INDUCTEE
* SATURDAY MARCH 16TH, 2019 *
Julie Woessner, Director of National Policy:
graduated from Duke University School of Law in 1986. Ms. Woessner, a retired lawyer, has been involved in tobacco harm reduction advocacy since early 2009 and has been an active member of CASAA since its inception. She was appointed to serve on CASAA’s Board of Directors in 2012 and was elected to serve as its Legislative Director in 2013, President of the Board 2014-2018, and served as Executive Director from 2014 to 2017 before assuming her role as Director of National Policy.
“This is an incredible honor, and I am humbled (and more than a bit embarrassed) to be singled out for what has been a group effort. Frankly, everything CASAA does is a group effort, and our effectiveness depends on the support and active involvement of not only CASAA leadership, but also—and most importantly—CASAA’s membership. ❤”
– JULIE WOESSNER
The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association (CASAA) is a non-profit 501(c)(4) organization with an all-volunteer board and a grassroots membership of more than two hundred thousand individuals from all walks of life, and we are growing daily. We are a consumer organization, not a trade association. We are dedicated to ensuring the availability of reduced harm alternatives to smoking and to providing smokers and non-smokers alike with honest information about those alternatives so that they can make informed choices.
CASAA needs your support so we can defend the access, diversity, and truthful information about smoke-free alternatives. Every donation goes to fund calls to action, efforts to meet with lawmakers and regulators, and our operations. We are a non-profit organization with an all volunteer board ensuring your contributions go directly into real advocacy.
CASAA is a 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization. While CASAA is a non-profit organization and pays no income taxes on the donations it receives, contributions or gifts to CASAA are not deductible by the donor as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.
(1) Take Action! Engage with officials regarding federal legislation and regulation affecting your access to low-risk alternatives to smoking.
(2) Join CASAA! It’s easy, it’s free, and we will keep you up to date on information and opportunities to take action to protect your access to vapor products.
(3) Register To Vote! Millions of vapers, including YOU, have the power to influence government decisions by electing candidates who support vaping!
(4) Tell your story! Visit CASAA’s Testimonials Project and tell us about your experience with low-risk, smoke-free products like e-cigarettes and snus.
(5) Support CASAA’s work to promote tobacco harm reduction policies and keep the diverse range of smoke-free alternatives available.
WHAT IS CASAA?
Within this site you will find published news stories, scientific studies, links and informational materials to help educate the public about Tobacco Harm Reduction and to assist CASAA members in their advocacy efforts to keep vapor products and other harm reduction methods available, affordable, and effective.
Some Facts About CASAA
- CASAA was formed in 2009 as an advocacy group to raise awareness and protect our right as consumers to access reduced harm alternatives.
- CASAA was created as an answer to the efforts by various members of the tobacco control community to ban tobacco harm reduction (THR) products and in the belief that there is strength in our numbers.
- CASAA is a consumer organization, not a trade organization.
- The original CASAA 12-member Board of Directors was elected by members of the electronic cigarette and smokeless tobacco community. CASAA’s present board is self-perpetuating.
- CASAA’s Board of Director members are all volunteers and receive no financial compensation.
- CASAA’s bylaws strictly limit the number of individuals with industry ties allowed to serve as Board members to 33.33% or less to prevent industry interests from ever having a majority vote or even the ability to control a quorum of the board. Currently, we have eight board members, one of whom is a retailer.
- CASAA is a registered non-profit organization in Alabama and is a recognized 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization. As a 501(c)(4) organization, CASAA pays no income taxes on the donations it receives; however, contributions to CASAA are not deductible by the donor as a charitable contribution. You can see copies of our tax filings here.
- Although donations to CASAA are accepted from many sources, CASAA has no financial or policy agreements with industry stakeholders. CASAA’s policy for allocating resources is that all contributions are used for efforts that will maximize consumer access to and awareness of low-risk, smoke-free nicotine and tobacco products.
- CASAA maintains this web site for the purpose of providing easy access for members and the general public to news articles, Calls to Action, Local Alerts, scientific research studies, legal actions, pending legislation and educational materials regarding vapor products, smokeless tobacco, and THR issues.
- As of August 2016, CASAA has more than 200,000 registered members. Membership in CASAA is free.